Looking for HO freight car mfrs that use KADEE 5's

Hi,

Kadee freight cars are quite expensive and have a limited variety.

Can someone list the names of freight car mfrs that use KADEE 5's? I got bleary eyed on the internet trying to find out for myself, but this info is not freely available. Are they afraid to list the coupler makes on their products? Even with all the catalogs I have at home I just can't get this info!

One more question, please? Are McHenry's 100 percent compatible???? ThanX again for all the great help I have been getting. I only wish we can rid this venue of the moron spam ads!!!

Mike Picture Rocks, AZ

Reply to
axipolti

Very few manufacturers use genuine Kadees.

The "clones" will couple up with no problem, unless they're they're the ones with the "finger" instead of a spring on the knuckle. Those will couple up once or twice, but that's all, after that the "finger" takes a set and they won't stay closed.

Buy Kadee's in the "20 pair" pack without the pockets, they'll fit most kit standard pockets and you'll have GOOD couplers for about a buck a car.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

Mike,

I have read your other messages that you have posted to this NG and I understand your problem. If I lived there in Picture Rocks, AZ I would personally come to your place and help install Kadee couplers on your cars. But since I live here in San Antonio, TX I can only offer you an alternate suggestion as you requested.

You might want to buy Atlas ready-to-run (RTR) freight cars. They have couplers that are compatible with Kadee and are reasonably priced for RTRs. The couplers they use on their cars are fairly reliable. I have several of their engines which have these couplers and I haven't had any problems using them.

Also, Atlas has a very nice selection of cars, different types and roadnames. Here is the URL for their website:

can also try to find Atlas cars on other on-line train store websites.

I hope this information is of some help to you.

Fred Ellis

Reply to
Fred Ellis

I still say hit eBay for the cars that you want. The car prices are really pretty good compared to buying even kits and assembling them yourself. Just make sure that the auction info includes that the car has Kadee couplers on it.

Bob May

Reply to
G.M.