Solvent Based Paints Banned - For Models Too?

I just read an article in last Sunday's Washington DC's Post, explaining that oil-based, alkyd paint has been banned in the
mid-atlantic region due to air pollution concerns. The article goes on to explore professional painters' scramble to buy up every can left that they can find.
Have any of my fellow modelers heard about this, and have you heard about any indications for solvent based paints used for model painting?
Geeze, I need to get a couple of more gallons of dark green to finish painting my rusty old 1935 chain link fence around my yard. I understand that I may be able to go to a few states south to get my "fix" Should I be "packing heat" when go to get my contraband?
But seriously, has anyone heard about this and is there anything going on in the model paint industry?
I would be seriously po'd if I drove my 10,000 pound Ford Explorer to the paint store, and found that I couldn't get a gallon of oil-based paint due to air pollution concerns (: Just kidding, I drive a 35mpg Hyundai.
Enclosed is a link to the story I got through Google, Its' not available through the Washington Post web site unless you establish an account. I'm not sure if it will work for others. If not, go to Google and type in "oil-based paint" and then you will get to the same story I have linked here.
Best Regards,
Robert
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/23/AR2005052301644.html
says...

4.html
The same article said quart-size cans of oil based paint will still be available in the region, because "Quart-size containers have not been eliminated because they are such a small market that they don't pose much of an environmental threat."
So I doubt the few ounces we buy for model trains will be banned.
It's the coming thing everywhere. Doesn't bother me much, as I generally use acrylics. A little satin water based poly seals it very well. Or gloss if you want.
You know in some areas spray cans have been banned because of graphiti, yet those areas seem to have as much or more graphiti than surrounding towns...
Robert wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/23/AR2005052301644.html

That's usually because folks think that when the spraycans are gone, there's nothing to worry about. But, they're brought in from somewhere else, and since the cops aren't worried about it anymore, they aren't going out to look for it; they now have other priorities.
:D
Kennedy
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

California has had a oil-based paint ban for several years (since 1998?) and I haven't heard of it affecting the hobby at all. I think small packages (model railroad paints, artist oil paints, etc.) are exempt -- I don't think anyone is concerned that a person will stockpile enough Floquil Depot Buff paint to do an entire house.
I suspect that any Northeast ban will have a similar exemption.
--
Mark Mathu
The Green Bay Route: http://www.greenbayroute.com /