Kadee Conversion Couplers

Hi!
Progress Report:
Moving along. Track is debugged, wiring is in, ready for scenery. I have (4) Kadee Freight cars, and I ordered three Atlas freight cars
with couplers that apparently are quite compatible to Kadee 5's. My G&D 4 x 8, HO, was started a year ago. I'm just a slow mover.
I spent a LONG time, lost in the mazes of various MR websites and could not find where I could buy conversion couplers for an Atlas RS-3 HO scale diesel.
The Kadee site calls for a Kadee #5 conversion coupler. I even emailed, "The Tech Guy", at Internet Trains. Never an answer. Ya say golf is frustrating?
If someone could point my nose to a part number for me to search, or perhaps a site where I would most likely find the conversion couplers, or any info, I shall be really grateful.
Thanks Mike Picture Rocks, AZ
The number 5 or 58 coupler should just drop right in. Use the brass centering spring and the Atlas cover and there should be no problem. I mentioned the 58 coupler because it is the new scale coupler and looks great and works like the 5.
--
Frank Rosenbaum

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale
I'll note that the #5 coupler is a common coupler for converting to Kadees on many cars and locos. The couplers are not expensive so the purchase of a set won't set you back by very much and if they don't fit the loco (doubt that as that is the coupler number for that loco) you can always put them in the toolbox and use them for something else. If I'm unsure about what coupler number to use and then find that the coupler doesn't fit in the box, I usually just wipe the present box off of the end and use the box that comes with the couplers (most of the Kadee couplers come with a mounting system just in case) and put them on that way. With many locos, the coupler mounts to a metal box and since the couplers are metal, you need ot insulate the couplers anyway so using the plastic box that comes with the coupler makes things right.
Environmental wackos think that it is for the protection of Sanat Claus.