Kadee #4 with #228 Metal Draft Gear Box Assembly montage help

Hi Sorry for me small english I have a big lot (100 or more) of the Kadee #4 with #228 Metal Draft Gear Box Assembly I have many older Cars and will these convert to Kadee.
With the Kadee #5, i have no Problems. I place the #5 (#228) Draft Gear Box with a little Walthers GOO and the #256 Screw to the center hole on the car body The Kadee #4 (#228) Box have no center hole, only two little holes left and right. Any idea i can place the #4 an car bodys?
--
Greetings from Germany
Juergen
Bob May wrote:

The #4 is my standard coupler if I can fit its draft gear to a freight car without major machining. Assembled correctly (and yes, that takes some time and work) the centering action is unbeatable; they have come with the small metal slug to slip into the centering spring for many years - I've used them for 15 years and never bought a pack without those slugs. I run my cars in 60-80 car trains with no issues. In a long train the #4 couplers give great slack action...very realistic.
Back to Jurgen's question - unless you have some pretty old cars with #4 style draft gear I would suggest that you remove all the existing coupler boxes from the cars and use the #4 couplers in the Kadee coupler boxes.
--
Somewhere in Texas a village is missing its idiot.

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:53:18 GMT, Craig Zeni

I think Jurgen asked how he should fit them when there is no center hole for the screw. The answer is to use two smaller screws, drill and tap the car floor to take the screws after you have made a flat surface where the pocket needs to fit. Here in UYK I would use 10BA size but there are equivalent American or Metric screws. Keith

Yes, this is correct i go search for small screws Thank you
Juergen