HO Scale - For Sale

Hey Everyone,

We're looking to sell off a number of our HO scale Kadee, Atlas, Walthers, Roundhouse, and Intermountain rolling stock. They're all in superb condition [no layout]. Some are on display shelves in the office [a little dusty] and some are in their original box in a closet. They all have metal wheels and Kadee #5 or McHenry #51 couplers. To simplify the process, here's our pricing:

Atlas - any car - $15 plus S&H Kadee 40' PS-1 boxcar - $25 plus S&H Kadee 50' PS-1 boxcar - $30 plus S&H Kadee PS-2 covered hopper - $32 plus S&H Intermountain - any car - $25 plus S&H

If there's a car that you have been looking for that is difficult to locate, please e-mail me the car description including its item number and the actual car number. I can then look on the shelves or dig through the closet to see if we have that specific car. We'd like to down size our collection as other interests have prevailed. We simply want to recoup our investment. We have a 40', 50', and 60' boxcars, we have Atlas coal cars, Atlas, Roundhouse, and Walthers tankers, some cabooses, and a few oddities.

mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Many Thanks! Matt

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

Just as a friendly comment - most Intermountain starts at $20 on ebay.

Reply to
Rick Lull

Thanks Rick. I did a quick look around the internet at the pricing for the specific Intermountain cars that we own. The lowest number that I could find was $23.96 for the style and/or car we own. Perhaps the eBay offerings are different cars, or they're hoping for a bidding war. I'll certainly match the lowest price if its the same car, and my S&H cost will be the exact amount required to ship the package insured.

Sincerely, Matt

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

Bachmann Industries doesn't carry parts for some of their older equipment. Didn't have any gears, wheels, traction tires, or brushes for the GE-U36B. Nor do they have the old "horn and hook" couplers for the rolling stock cars I wanted to fix. I adapted some Athearn "horn and hook" and they work okay. For the locomotive, I located some brush kits from a hobby shop, but I sure could use some gears. The motor runs good with the new brushes.

1.) I need a drive axle gear with wheels. I prefer one that has two traction tires. But I will take what can get. 2.) I need one gear ( the one that connects next to the axle gear. Anybody got any old stuff like this they could sell or steer me in a good direction? I search the net with no results. Thanks, Tom
Reply to
Tom Cummings

A listing of what cars are available would be nice...

Denis Blake

Reply to
Denis Blake

Denis Blake wrote: >>> A listing of what cars are available would be nice...

I can certainly do that. A lot of the cars are stored in a closet as are the empty boxes from the cars that are on display in the office. I have been meaning to catalog our collection for this very reason. I'll put together a list and re-post later this year.

In the meantime, if there's a specific Kadee, Atlas, Intermountain, Walthers, or Athearn car that anyone is looking for, let me know by e-mail [as others already have] and I will let you know if I have that car or engine. I know what we have [by image using your item # and the Walthers or the manufacturer's website] but I don't know or have the specific item # for each car we own without getting it off the actual box in the storage closet.

mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Sincerely, Matt

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

Matt,

You're not leaving the hobby altogether, are you?

I hope not as we've corresponded in the past and I was hoping things were coming along well with the layout, espedially the Burlington end of things! ;^)

Hope all is okay on your end . . .

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1969 In HO.)

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

Thanks for sending me a list of what you have for sale , but with all due respect most of your prices are what I can buy them new for and some are actually a little more than the price for new stuff so making you an offer would probably waste your time and mine because we are too far apart to arrive at an acceptable price.in the beginning. You said you would like to recoup your investment. Good luck. I have never been able to gat my money back when I sold used stuff. If I were you I would go to Ebay. I would imagine you can get more for it there than trying to sell it here. I've almost always got a good price on mdse there but I don't think I've ever recovered my investment except for mdse I bought used.

Again , thank you very much for sending me the list. I do appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Good luck

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day