Re: DCC with wireless remote, 1:1 scale

SNIP

>I just had the concept of wireless walk-around DCC proven for me in >1:1 scale.
>
>I spent my lunch hour today watching trains at Evansville's CSX
>Howell Yards. For much of that hour I watched an SW1500 + MP15T MU
>rig with no human being in the cab pushing cars around and making up
>trains. One guy was walking around and/or riding the step on this
>thing using a radio remote control to the engines. The same guy was
>tending the couplers and brake lines, managing the switches, doing it >all.
>
>Now shrink this all by a factor of 87. DCC enthusiasts, you are
>definitely prototypical!
No they are not.
The real ones have a self contained power supply and are not powered
through two rails.
You can only do that with battery power and radio control.
Best wishes,
Tony Walsham.
Remote Control Systems.
P.O. Box 1118 Bayswater,
Vic 3153 Australia.

Tel - North America: 1 800 490 6945
Tel - Elsewhere: ++ 613 9762 7785
]
Reply to
Tony
[Snip]
Oh, my. What have we come to when we forget that live steam is also a self contained power supply. And it can be radio controlled.
Reply to
<wkaiser
Oh silly me.
My apologies Bill. Of course live steam is another form of self contained power. Just like the gas powered 1:32 scale R/C GP9 by Wada works in Japan.
Tony Walsham.