Athearn Challenger - Wireless Remote!

From the Athearn e-mail news:

Bob Boudreau Canada

BIG NEWS REGARDING THE CHALLENGER STEAM LOCOMOTIVE

For the first time ever in HO, the Genesis Challenger 4-6-6-4 Steam Locomotive will include a wireless remote handheld unit that will control sound and speed in the DC mode!! And, this fantastic new feature is included with each Genesis Challenger at no additional cost.

Additional electronic features for this unit will be:

1) State-of-the-art dual function sound decoder (operates on DCC or conventional DC power-pack)

2) 6 Sound functions in the DC mode easily controlled by hand-held controller

3) 12 Sound functions in the DCC mode

4) Sound and decoder compatible with NMRA DCC specifications

5) 2 or 4 Digit DCC addressing

6) 14, 28/128 Speed steps

7) Advanced consisting

8) Main-line programmable

The Genesis Challenger 4-6-6-4 Steam Locomotive will set a new standard for precision tooling, smooth running characteristics, quality sound, and DC/DCC ease of operation.

We are finalizing our quantities as production is getting close. If you want one of these exquisite locomotives please place your order with your Genesis supplier as quickly as possible. Don't miss out!

That's it for today.

The Folks at Athearn Trains

Reply to
Arailfan