Switch lights

Last night I purchased the Model Power brand switch lights. Their number

8570 (or is it 8970). Anyway, I like the look of the units but I don't like the light output. All three lights (red, amber, green) are way too bright for scale and I don't like the redness of the red. Actually, none of the colors are where they should be. I know I can put a resistor in parallel (as soon as I figure out the value) but is there a paint or dye I can apply to the bulb to improve the color? Preferrably something thin that I can place a drop on the top and have it wash over the bulb rather than actually painting it.

Alternatively, it might be that once a resistor is installed, the light dimmed that it may come closer to the red and green that I want because there won't be such an intense light blasting through the colored bulb glass.

Am I on the right, er...track? Any thoughts?

TIA.

Reply to
coustanis

Tamari (sp) paints make a translucent red, green, orange, yellow, etc. that work very good for these purposes.

Reply to
Jon Miller

IIRC, Tamyia has transparent paints for coloring bulbs - look in the car section of your LHS.

Reply to
KTØT