Circuit diagram 4 compact fluo OSRAM

Bought 10 of these which supposed to save me $$$ for the next ten years (warranty) except five already fell like dead flies after one year. Read in a consumer report that they normally fail after 1200 switching (average one year usage). So much for my savings. Could have done better with the cheapest incandescent light bulbs.

I'd like to have a circuit diagram to check what component failed ?

TIA

Reply to
A+

You must be buying the wrong type. But if they lasted just one year, you probly saved at least $10 dollars off your electric bill over that single year.

Now I live in a place with very high electric costs, admittedly, 25 cents a killowatt hour but my son did a science project and figured that the cost of a

100 watt bulb, incandescent is 255 dollars for 10 years and the cost of a florescent, in cluding the higher cost of the bulb is about 55 dollars for the same number of candle power.

I have circular florescent bulbs that I am still using in my lamps for over 5 years now. OUt of about 5 of them one failed after about 5 years usage. I am about to toss some of the others out because the new ones give so much more light per killowat hour. I will keep them in the living room where soft lights are desired but in situations where they are used for reading I will keep them. But they all work just fine and show no signs of giving out.

Try another brand. There is a reason that most people are switching to them.

When I installed florescents in every socket in the house, my electric bill of $245 dropped 15% to about $205 dollars a month. I can buy a lot of bulbs with that 35 dollar a month savings. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

Check out lights of America, or the GE ones at the depot or Costco. I have all but 4 lamps of the CF type in my home. Before you get excited check your neutrals in your panel. I was installing a bank of electronic ballasts and had one of my guys lift the neutral. Blew every one of them. There is good and bad in everything. You might try IKEA they have some that I have had pretty good luck with. A bit yellow but the price is right.

Reply to
Zathera

The neutral is good as they died separately. You are right about IKEA (Made in China) CF are more reliable and less expensive. Have couple of them too. What I was looking for is a circuit diagram that is not usually found at COSTCO or similar electrical resellers.

Thanks A+

Reply to
A+

Zathera,

I have read a number of your posts offering advice to others connected with serious electrical safety issues. My suggestion is that you get off crack or whatever mind enhancing drugs you are using. If it is not drugs then you need to complete high school.

Regards,

John Phillips

Reply to
John Phillips