Assembly BOM

I've created an assembly of structural steel parts which have configurations via a design table which contains the raw material part numbers. The parts have been saved as a job specific parts (now that they have been cut and drilled). I've created a custom property "Part Number" and assigned it the new job related part number for that part. When I create the BOM in the assembly, it displays the original raw material part number.

How can I automatically have the new number display in the assembly BOM?

Thanks,

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

configurations require the use of "configuration specific" properties. use "custom" properties for shared info.

Reply to
kenneth b

The part number is specified at the bottom of the Configuration Properties page at the bottom you will see a section labeled "Part number displayed when used in bill of materials"

You can set it to show the config name the drawing name or type a specific one in for each config. We mostly use the drawing name.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

oh yeah, that's exactly what we do. have no idea as to what i was thinking first time around.

Reply to
kenneth b

I assumed you were going on the material number reference we use a separate custom prop for that

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Keith,

verify that the configuration properties dialog box has "user specified name" selected under "part number displayed when used in bill of materials". Your configuration specific part number, or any other configuration specific custom properties can become part of the design table as long as you have SWX2004 or newer.

Gail

configurations

Reply to
g roberts