Chrome Look with PW 2

Hello,

Is there a way to show parts with a good chrome plated look? My problem is that the background reflects in the plated parts making it too busy and hard to visualize.

Is there a way to put some kind of a "barrier" between the background and the part to prevent this background from reflecting in the part?

Samples in SW2004 will be very much appreciated.

Hopefully this simple question is not a reflection on me......

Thank you.

Reply to
coldhot

Change your scenery to whatever you want. You can change each of the 6 walls of the cube scenery to any material Pick a material with minimal texture and you can set the walls to not show but reflect or to show and reflect or just to show and not reflect. I would guess you want them to not show, but to reflect anyway. The more texture you have in your scenery the busier your reflection will be. I did one once by taking a picture of my daughter and I and setting it to the front wall. at certain angles you could see my shirt at others you could make out part of my face and others you could pick out her too. Take a picture of what you want to reflect and set it to one of the walls. You will have to adjust the scale of the picture if you do this though.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I made a tutorial here...

Download the August issue.

I describe two ways of doing chrome. One reflects a photo, while the other reflects some black and white walls (which is what you want).

I might post an example since this keeps coming up for some strange reason.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson