chrome apparence

This was already discussed under the subject of "Chrome and indirect Illumination"

See below:

You can thank Brian Hill for this!

1) On the Illumination tab of the material set the reflectivity (or mirror) up to it's highest setting

2) set the material color to Black. Strange but true. Chrome things are really almost always 100% black. It's their reflectivity that make them appear other colors.

3) MOST IMPORTANT - have something to reflect in the chrome. This can easily be done by adding an image-based material to a spherical 'environment' scene wall - or just adding other things into the scene to reflect in the object. If you check out the toaster on my site the key is the room that is reflecting in it. this is really just a photo I found of a kitchen that I turned into a material in PW2 and put on the spherical environment of the scene.

Regards, Scott Baugh, CSWP

Reply to
Scott

I have seen the tutorial done by Mike Wilson about of photoworks, but I cannot make mi parts with chrome apparence, something that I did is wrong.

Does anyone of you could you send me a file with the photoworks configurated to have a chrome apparence?

I'm Using SW 2004 s.p 3.0

Thanks in advanced. Marco Flores Design Engineer Texas Instruments Mexico.

Reply to
Marco Flores