no references to drawing files?

Can I safely rename (through Windows Explorer) drawing files? I'm thinking that nothing references them (they're last in the chain) so I could do that. Is that correct?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Mears

Brian,

There's at least one backward pointer. In the model you can right click and "open drawing". Changing the name seems to mess this up permanently.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

I thought that only worked if the drawing and the model file had the same or simliar name. It rarely works for me. No big deal, anyway.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Open drawing only works when the drawing has the same name as the model AND is in the same folder as the model.

Reply to
Roland Hart

Yes, and its not even a 'real' link/pointer.. any .slddrw file that shares the same name as the part file, in that dir, gets opened....

Reply to
rocheey