no references to drawing files?

Can I safely rename (through Windows Explorer) drawing files? I'm thinking
that nothing references them (they're last in the chain) so I could do that.
Is that correct?
Brian
Reply to
Brian Mears
Brian,
There's at least one backward pointer. In the model you can right click and "open drawing". Changing the name seems to mess this up permanently.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
I thought that only worked if the drawing and the model file had the same or simliar name. It rarely works for me. No big deal, anyway.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
Open drawing only works when the drawing has the same name as the model AND is in the same folder as the model.
Reply to
Roland Hart
Yes, and its not even a 'real' link/pointer.. any .slddrw file that shares the same name as the part file, in that dir, gets opened....
Reply to
rocheey