SW2005 SP0.0 is up

Downloading..... 8^P

..

JOe wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

i wonder if down the road, we'll have to uninstall and re-install using cd's in order to apply service paks?

Reply to
kenneth b

Fun, nearly all my files double in size!?

(btw, save tessellation is off)

..

JOe wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Dya have to download the COSMOSWorks file (all 74Megs) if you're just going to use COSMOSExpress?

JOe wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Wouldn't be surprised . . . that sucks (again).

Reply to
Sporkman

Reply to
Sporkman

Yes, you will, the disks will be in the mail the middle of September, better to wait till then!

Reply to
Pete

Ofcourse you have to uninstall & re-install... and when you aplly the Service pack it WILL ask the CD´s in followin order

1,2,3,1,3,2,3,2,3,1,2,2,2,1,1,2,3,3,2,1 -> and then it states that the update has taken just 15 sec instead of 2h you just spent... (nah, little sarcasm... )

and before you go berserk, I do know about the server install etc... and have found the best way to apply Service packs, is to install Daemon tools to your comp. Make ISO images of your SW CD´s... the just make three virtual CD drives wit DT and mount all the SW cd´s to them... now it won't prompt to chage the freaking CD every 2mins...

- my 2 cents...

- Arto

Reply to
Arto Kvick

Anyone hear anything about when we might see CD's?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Maren

After enough brave or stupid souls (depending on how you look at it) download 2005 SP0 and find few or many bugs.

Reply to
Rocko

They're supposed to ship all through September. If you don't have them by Oct 1st, then I would contact your VAR and verify your address.

Reply to
Jeff N

how about brave and stupid?

anyway, got to test it eventually and become familiar with it (i don't really rely on someone elses's experiences).

:)

Reply to
kenneth b

My initial experiance was a problem every 5 minutes. Do these things find me, or do I find them?

Arto,

That sounds like a good idea to me, but what are you referring to when you say.....make three virtual CD wit DT.................. What is DT?

Sincerely, Jerry Forcier

Arto Kvick wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Forcier

daemon tools

kenneth b

Not clear whether this is freeware or shareware. There is no information that I can find on the site. Like most people, I don't like to install something only to have to uninstall it again. Not all uninstallers are equal, and some leave a mess in the Registry, as well as bunches of files lying around where they're not obvious.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

Anyone else having trouble with registration? I get all the way to selecting the version to register, it will only take 2003 or 2004.

Richard

JOe wrote:

Reply to
Richard M

I uninstalled SW05 beta4 and it left dozens of entries in my registry!

Is there anything out there that will clean up after an uninstall?

Reply to
Jacob Filek

Just upgraded from 04sp2.1 to 4.1:

Disk 1 Disk 2 Disk 3 with notice "time estimated 57 minutes" :-) "you have to reboot...want to do it now?", I choose not to because I wanted to upgrade eDrawings as well, so it asks Disk 1 again Disk 3 "unable to reboot, please boot manually" (what a joke)

This took about 15 minutes...upgrading eDrawings was about 1 minute (it's using InstallShield)

You can also just copy all the 3 disks to the _same_ folder and share it over network, tried this once and it worked.

ps. just had a new laptop with Radeon 9000, what driver should be used if I want to play with SoftFireGL?

Reply to
Markku Lehtola