BOM question

The standard BOM with Solidworks does not have enough information in it for us. We like to have columns on the left hand side of the BOM to show sub assembly dash numbers. If you go up the column we have the number off of the parts that are in that specific sub assembly dash number. This way we can very quickly see what parts are in what sub assembly. I have no experience with programming or macros but is it possible to automate the addition of these columns and subsequent insertion of the quantities of the parts used in this column? This system is also very usefull when you want multiple configurations using different sub assemblies shown in one BOM

Reply to
Phil Evans

There are three standard BOMs. One shows all parts and the names of sub assemblies. One shows all parts, sub assemblies, and each part in those sub assemblies. Another shows all parts, sub assemblies, and then indents each part in those assemblies. I think you're looking for the third one.

Ben

Reply to
ben