addendum to box selection

By the way I'm on SW2006 SP4.1 Regards, David

I find the selection filters help with this sort of thing. For me, it's most often group selecting faces. Using 07sp4.0, I see that even with the bodies selection filter, the crossing window selection method (right to left) doesn't work. Regular window selection does, though.

This touches on something I was asking about only yesterday. When you are using box selection for components in an assy, it seems you have to start the box in free space, otherwise the first click just selects the face of the component that is in the way. Is there no way around this irritating behaviour?
John H

I think enhancement requests are our only recourse. If you find out otherwise, let us all know.

There are some news in SW 2008 when it comes to selection....among other things there is "volume select", where You select not only in a box but in a cube. Another neat thing is "select mated to" which will highlight all parts mated to the one You're klicking on.......or "select supressed" which will highlight all supressed parts in the tree.. there are a few more.
// Krister