proE <-> SW data exchange

Hello,

is there a way ProE and SolidWorks can exchange data without loss of the oh-so-much-beloved 'parametrics'? Generate parts'n'assemblies in ProE that can be maintained in SolidWorks later on?

TIA

Walther

Reply to
Walther Mathieu

is there a way ProE and SolidWorks can exchange data without loss of the oh-so-much-beloved 'parametrics'? Generate parts'n'assemblies in ProE that can be maintained in SolidWorks later on?

Isn't there a way in SW to do this? They claim to be able to read Pro/e files!?! Pro/e, in my experience, reads a lot of other packages output files. And, yes, I agree, it's a shame that, after all these years and the common dillemma facing all three-d solid modelling packages, that they can't overcome thier insular, provincial interests to find the interest in common [i.e. a common neutral format and translation package] that will lead to all interchanging harmoniously. In the mean time, each sells translations for each of the others, expecting someone to cough up the big bucks, while all remain, actually, in isolation. IOW, no, there is no obvious, common, generic solution to your simple translation problem.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

SolidWorks can import Pro/e files.... as long as they aren't very complicated. The parts must be really really really basic. So don't bother. I dinked around with this for quite a while, and gave up. It's easier just to redraw from scratch if you need the tree.

Reply to
Aggrevated