Translation to Pro-E

Is it possible to translate Solidworks files into Pro-E format and still
maintain the history so that the model can be worked on in Pro-E?
Thanks in advance
Brian Law
Reply to
Brian Law
Parts and assy's can be output to Pro-E. The best way is a step file. SWX outputs a .step file. Pro-E chokes on this, so you must rename the file as a .stp.
They will get no history or features on the Pro-E end. Pro-E has nothing similar to FeatureWorks that I know of. (not that it's that great anyway.)
jk
Reply to
jk
Maybe a version dependant or option setting thing, but from what I've seen.... Pro/E will read *.step. It will not see files with spaces_in_file_names (if you get my drift ), though.
Reply to
Jeff Howard
If you're just exporting the part file one at a time, STEP works great. If you are doing a whole assembly, save the file as a Pro E file. This makes separate files for each part and also an assembly file similar to how Solidworks has separate part and assy files. You won't get any history, just dumb solids. If you export the assembly as a STEP file, you get one file and is harder to have your customer use it.