Translation to Pro-E

Is it possible to translate Solidworks files into Pro-E format and still maintain the history so that the model can be worked on in Pro-E?

Thanks in advance

Brian Law

Reply to
Brian Law

Parts and assy's can be output to Pro-E. The best way is a step file. SWX outputs a .step file. Pro-E chokes on this, so you must rename the file as a .stp.

They will get no history or features on the Pro-E end. Pro-E has nothing similar to FeatureWorks that I know of. (not that it's that great anyway.)

jk

Reply to
jk

Maybe a version dependant or option setting thing, but from what I've seen.... Pro/E will read *.step. It will not see files with spaces_in_file_names (if you get my drift ), though.

Reply to
Jeff Howard