Double Dimensioning

Hello all,

When double dimensioning a drawing, inches on top/metric on bottom [in brackets], the metric dimension controls the length of the leader line.

By that I mean that the leader line stars/ends where the metric dimension (text) ends, thus having a larger space between the dimension text and the leader line.

Is there a way to move the metric, inch dimensions and other text or symbols (IE typ, parenthesis, etc) independent of each other?

Hopefully my explanation is clear enought to understand.

Thank you.

Reply to
com

Hello all,

When double dimensioning a drawing, inches on top/metric on bottom [in brackets], the metric dimension controls the length of the leader line.

By that I mean that the leader line stars/ends where the metric dimension (text) ends, thus having a larger space between the dimension text and the leader line.

Is there a way to move the metric, inch dimensions and other text or symbols (IE typ, parenthesis, etc) independent of each other?

Hopefully my explanation is clear enought to understand.

Thank you. If I understand you correctly, you'd like to attach to the longer of the two or more lines. This used to be one of those cute tips and tricks presentations at user group meetings or similar in Profiles magazine. Might be worth a check through the Pro/USER archives. Or the PTC Knowledge Base. I checked mine and can't find what you're talking about, but I'm sure it can be done.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes