limit tolerances

Does anyone know if it is possible to show limits on a dimension one above the other rather than in a line as is the default. I can find no options in the drawing set up file or the config.pro. I am using Wildfire. Thank you Andrea

Reply to
Andrea Willans

In the drawing setup (Menu: Advanced/Draw Setup) you should set 'text orientation' to one of the horizontal modes, e.g. iso_parallel_diam_horiz or ansi_parallel_diam_horiz, in order to achieve this effect.

This is for rel 2001 but I'm you should be able to do it in WF too.

Reply to
dakeb

BTW, you get to the detail options is WF drawing mode with 'File>Properties>Drawing Options'. I went through all these options, trying to figure out what they did. The five different values control two items of text orientation ~ whether text stays parallel to dimension lines and whether limits text displays on one or two lines. Also, two of the parallel ones provide exceptions for diametral dimensions.

horizontal* (asterisk indicates it's the default value): dimensions always display horizontally, even when dimensioning vertical featues; limits display on two lines

parallel: all dimensions remain parallel to dimension lines, switching to vertical when dimensioning vertical geometry; limits display on a single line, separated by a dash

parallel_diam_horiz: modifies the above behavior for diametral dimensions, placing them horizontally with an elbow; limits still on single line

iso_parallel: follows general pattern of parallel for text orientation; limits display on two lines

iso_parallel_diam_horiz: modifies the above behavior for diametral dimensions, placing them horizontally with an elbow; limits still on two lines

The the four option values which place text parallel have an additional option governing their placement ~ parallel_dim_placement which, by default, is set to 'above' but can also be set to 'below' the dimension line.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Thank you David! I hadn't figured it out, but they now display the way I want them to.

iso_parallel_diam_horiz or

Reply to
Andrea Willans