Tolerances does not show in drawing

Hi,
I have a problem when I'm working with imported drawings like DWG and DXF. I import a drawing which I then use to take measures from while I
model the part in 3D.
When I model the part I get funny dimensions in my sketches. They are usually with to many decimals (trailing zeroes) and it almost looks like dual dimensioning. Sometimes the sketching dimensions have tolerances.
The next step is to create a new drawing which is associated to the model. When I dimension my part and try to add tolerances to the dimensions, the tolerance does not show. Checknig the dimensions properties it say the tolerances are on. But they don't show.
The above doesn't happen when I create my own parts with no imported drawing in the background.
Does anyone know what causes this fenomena and how do I get rid of it.
Using Wildfire, recent build.
regards Bjorn
: Hi, : : I have a problem when I'm working with imported : drawings like DWG and DXF. I import a drawing : which I then use to take measures from while I : model the part in 3D. : I expect that there is something to be learned here, something novel, something that I've never heard of before. But for the moment, I am just confused. Maybe you could clarify this process of importing a drawing, such as where you are importing it. Are you using something like Autobuildz to use 2d geometry to make features? What would be the advantage of importing a dxf over just printing out the drawing with the numbers on it and going from there? Is this some kind of work around because there's some *other* problem you're not telling us about, such as not being able to import the dxf into a drawing with the dimensions? You see how confused I am. If this were simply the problem of what you're calling 'dual' dimensions in sketcher, I'd tell you that most of what you've raised can be fixed in config.pro with various options settings. Fixing the 'dual dimension' one, which I take to be limits tolerance display, would normally be fixed by setting tol_mode to nominal and tol_display to yes which makes tolerances available for changing but shows all the dimensions at their nominal value. For the number of digits displayed, set sketcher_dec_places to the number you want to show in sketcher. To fix the tolerance display problem in drawing mode, you would normally also set tol_display to yes. Whatever tolerances have been set in the model will show in the drawing. If however, they are all at nominal value, they will show nominal in the drawing but will be available to change with 'Properties'.
As I said, this advice about config.pro would probably work, if it were not for the unconventional use of drawings 'in the background'. What this brings to the picture is obviously more than meets the eye. Wish I could be more help, but all bets are off.
David Janes