Hole Wizard dimensions in drawing

In draw mode (SW 2004, SP 3.0) I do the following:

insert model items --> dimensions --> marked for drawing --> ok

It works for the most part.

My question is: why doesn't dimensions created in "Hole Wizard" show up? Not the hole callout but the dimensions to the sides of the part.

Also, After inserting dimensions as above, I went back in and added a fillet. But when I came back into the drawing to insert the dimension (as above) the fillet dimension did not show up.

Are dimensions automatically placed on a layer that is turned off?

TIA

Paul

Reply to
dbq

to have hole wizard dimensions show up, you need to check the appropriate box in the model items dialog-- typically "Hole Wizard Locations"

Reply to
Michael

I have the answer to this one, you have to be showing the hole in a section view. I ran into this a little while ago. Inserting model items only brings in dimensions that are relative to the view. So even if you have hidden lines turned on, it will still not bring in those dimensions. Try creating a section view through the hole and then insert model items again on the section view.

Reply to
Jeff Parker

Yet another way that describing holes on drawings can be a pain in SW.

Reply to
Dale Dunn