Hole callouts for very small screw holes

I have a component in an assembly where I added several counterbored holes for #1 machine screws. 0.081" dia hole, 0.1875" counterbore,

0.041" deep into a total thickness of 0.125".

The holes show up fine in the solid model. I then create a drawing from the assembly. When I go to dimension the counterbored holes using Insert->Annotations->Hole Callout, the counterbore depth which is 0.041" shows up as .00000... to as many decimal places that I try. I have also tried dimensioning the holes in the drawing by hand. ie. inserting a dimension from the bottom of the counterbore to the top of the part. I can't select the bottom of the counterbore in any mode; wireframe, hidden lines shaded, or solid.

If I create a part file with a large block and a large counterbored hole, the hole is properly called out in the drawing.

I am confident I am doing something improperly but so far I can't figure it out from the online help. I'm guessing this has something to do with the difference between dimensioning a part and dimensioning an assembly. Advice appreciated.

--- Ravi

Reply to
groupslrn

Can you tell me which version are you using? Also can you send me the part if is not too big?

Reply to
ianfalu