Hole callout in countersunk holes

This might be hairy to explain, but I'll try my best...

If I countersink a hole in hole wizard that puts the countersink deeper than the material thickness, the flat pattern doesn't show the through-hole size. It shows the hole size where hole will end up once the countersink operation has been done. This isn't the problem though, since if I countersink it properly it shouldn't matter. The problem is that the hole callout on the drawing shows the through-hole dimension, which makes it difficult for our quality department to inspect.

Engineering can put a special note on the drawing, but is there a way to automate this? I have to imagine it's a common occurrance.

SW2007.

Thanks!

Ben Garvey

Reply to
ben

Can you upload an image as an example?

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

I can think of a couple solutions. You can create your own hole standard that doesn't add a thru hole to the countersink, or at least doesn't include the thru hole diameter in the hole callout. Also, macro can be written to remove the thru hole data from selected callouts on a drawing. The second one is probably the easier of the two to accomplish.

Reply to
takedown