Reamed holes in the hole wizard?

Hi all,

I often need to put reamed holes in the parts I am designing for dowel pins etc. Is there anything in the hole wizard that allows this?

Often, I need say for a 6.0mm dowel, a 6.020 oversize reamed hole, and was wondering if there is a way to do this with the hole wizard, rather than manually doing it (so the info turns up in the drawing)?

TIA,

Joe

Reply to
JOe

JOe,

I have never done this, but supposedly you can create your own set of standards in options>data options. Might be worth investigating.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Hi Joe,

You might also try manually changing the hole wizard hole size in the wizard dialogue.

This will make your model geometry correct and will also transfer into your drawing, presuming the dimension has adequate precision to display the .02 portion of the hole.

At last glance, I recall that the hole wizard feature will still report as a 6.0 mm hole in the feature tree (the label), but your model will be the correct size.

Later,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams