Description in Hole Wizard

Is there a way to change the description of user defined and saved hole sizes in the Hole Wizard? Say I create my own custom C'bore and had it on a #0 SHCS to begin with. After changing dimensions and locating the holes, the FM shows C'bore for #0 SHCS. Is there a way to change the description so it always comes up as to what you change it to? I know I can rename the feature, but I dont want to do that everytime. Thanks sw-pw-man

Reply to
sw-pw-man

There is a file you need to edit I don't remember off hand but it has been discussed in the past few months search google for your question.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I did do a google on this. Everything I fould turned up with either people not responding or answering around this particlular question. Yes I know there is a file that can be modified, but I can not get it to work correctly. I have played with the file and been successfull in grouping like holes, but not changing the Description. Description being the field in the Hole Wizard that is also displayed in the FM.

Reply to
sw-pw-man

Now that I don't think is possible.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

You have to get a little advanced with the ansiinch.mdb file by creating a callout column for each different size. Search ansiinch.mdb on the Google SWX group for posts from last March about this.

PS - Did you e-mail me about this already? If so, never mind.

Reply to
Mickey Reilley

Oh yeah, I forgot: I've only done the ansiinch.mdb mod for 2001+ and 2003. I'm not sure I'm going to drag my department into 2004, so for now 2003 is the latest.

Reply to
Mickey Reilley