Hole Wizard description doesn't match

Came across another problem with hole wizard 2004/SP1. Added M6 tapped holes to part and followed up with using linear pattern. Next edited the M6 and changed to M5. Then decided to return to M6

The actual physical hole dimensions are correct in the part model for M6 but the feature manager still shows M5 tapped hole description.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

Try a CTRL Q to besure that it has updated. I haven't tried it though.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Ive had that happen as well. It used to be when you edited the description in the feature manager, the description wouldnt update. Now it seems like it wont update regardless of whether its been modified. THis seems to have started with SP1

I can't make up my mind whether I like the new behavior or not. If you name the hole, you know what it is next week when you come back to it. But you don't know what size. Perhaps if it kept the description based name, oyu could just sock it into a named folder, and have both. Or use the features description from the FMT to tell you what it's for.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Control Q doesn't update the description

Kman

Reply to
Kman

It's been like that since at least 2001+

Deb

Reply to
Deb Dowding

There are other tapped holes (different metric sizes) in this same part model where the fastener description updates correctly after substituting different sizes. So, not sure what you mean by it has been like this.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

I guess I should have said that I've seen this behavior since 2001+. I guess I never realized that it didn't happen to all holes.

Deb

Reply to
Deb Dowding

i've seen random occurrences as well. never could track down what causes it.

Reply to
kenneth b