Hole Wizard

When I attempt to open the hole Wizard, I get a message that the PC is out of memory or an other error occurred and hole wizard fails. This is on SW

2006 SP 2.0 on WIN XP Pro. I removed SW, cleaned the registry, turned of AV and reinstalled. Same problem. This PC was installed from an admin image that was also installed on several other PC with out any problems.

This occurs in the admin account as well as the user account. Today, while I was converting some 2004 documents, the message came up again. Any suggests on how to correct this.

Thanks for input.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

I had the same problem the other week with 2005 sp5. I noticed this the day after installing SolidMech 4.1.1

I'm not actually sure SolidMech was the problem, I used the System Restore in Windows Xp to return to the previous days restore point and my problem was solved. Before I tried the System Restore option I tried the SolidWorks repair function to no avail. Haven't yet tried reinstalling SolidMech to confirm this was the problem or some other random glitch.

John Layne

John Layne

Coincidence maybe? SolidMech hasn't caused be any trouble yet.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I got that same error a couple of weeks ago with a huge assembly that had problems in it. I was trying to bull my way through it because I couldn't fix the inherent problems in some of the files. I think in my case SW ran out of memory because it was trying to resolve the difficulties with my assembly.

Was this a large part/assembly?

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

No, this was a very small part with no other apps launched. The system only has 512 Mb of ram but other PCs have the same ram with out any problems.

Thanks to all for your input. I'll keep working on it with our VAR and SW.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

I would try really hard to get some more RAM for that system, unless you always work on very simple parts and assemblies. Not that it necessarily has anything to do with the error message you got, just that SolidWorks requires a lot of RAM to run well any more.

Jerry Steiger