Hole Wizard misbehaving on multibody part

Have just spent a very frustrating day, wrestling with the @&# hole wizard - from where I'm sitting it looks fubar'd. Hole wizard seems to loose the plot, when in multibody part environment. It's mostly when choosing the feature scope option and choosing a body.

Initially hole goes in place, then when editing to change size, I get a dialog "no feature chosen for scope" or something similar. Weird thing is the feature IS selected in gui and IS listed in FM. Try to exit command and still get same dialog popping up. Only way out is hitting escape key.

If I try editing the same hole feature again, this time without doing anything - just hitting the accept button, same thing. Try again and this time it works.??? Seems to be random and occurs probably about 70% of time, on any hole wizard editing, on any multibody part. Can anyone shed light, in my increasingly dark corner.

2006 SP 4.1
Reply to
Neville Williams

Operator error?

... just kidding Nev. :)

I have no idea. Good reason to stay on 2005?

Reply to
Cam

I don't use the hole wizard, but it's been our experience that a lot of errors that we see go back to problems with multibody parts and the feature scope. It seems to be a real weak link.

Jerry Steiger

Jerry,

It don't seem to remeber this crappy behaviour in 2005. Solidworks must have "improved" the function beyond just the Web noodled Gui changes.

Reply to
Neville Williams