Miirored Parts - Hole Wizard

SW2005 SP 5.0

When mirroring a part with holes that have been put in with the hole wizard the geometry all mirrors properly into the new part but when I do a drawing and dimension the holes the depths don't come through. The callout simply gives a diameter and a THRU callout even though the hole is blind.

Am I missing something or is this a bug ?

Thanks.

Dan Kanfoush Moore Wallace

Reply to
dan.kanfoush

I should add that some of the holes (same part and drawing) do dimension correctly ?!

Reply to
dan.kanfoush

I think you will have to add your hole callout to one of the original, non-mirrored holes to get it to come out correctly. Only thing is that the quantity will probably not be right.

But I do agree! Even a mirrored hole should be able to populate the hole callout correctly as far as blind, thru, etc. So I would say that is a bug. Turn it in to your VAR.

But I wouldn't expect the mirrored hole to be able to populate hole quantities correctly. I think it should, but wouldn't expect it to... That would be an enhancement request.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

This is normal functionality for mirroring features. The mirror is a dumb copy of the original. If you want to use mirroring and still want the hole callout information, then mirror the points in the positioning sketch for the hole.

Reply to
SWX-VAR-JP

I mirrored the entire part into a new part, not simply mirrored the holes within a part. What is particularily frustrating is SOME of the holes in the print of the mirrored part do dimension correctly with the correct depth callout.

Reply to
dan.kanfoush