Thread not showing in assembly drawing

Hello,

Try the following. Add a simple hole wizard hole in a part i.e. 1/2" UNC. Now make an assembly with this part and create a drawing of the assembly. The thread will show up as a bored hole only. If you create a drawing of the part itself, the thread is displayed properly. That was the case in SW 2006 SP 5.1 and is still the case in SW 2008 SP 2.1 on my machine. Can anyone verify this? Maybe with SW 08 SP 3.1

Thanks,

E.

Reply to
Elmo

This is the way it has always worked with assemblies. To get the threads to show in an assembly drawing you must Insert Model Items and select Cosmetic Threads.

Cheers,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

Hello Anna,

I must be missing something. The import model items is not working here. I have a simple assembly consisting of two plates. One of them has a simple threaded hole in it. I can not import the cosmetic thread via the import model items dialog. Tried all options, no luck. Does this work for you reliably. Can you select the part or feature and import the selected threads so they display properly with the solid inside line and the thin 3/4 circle outside.

Cheers,

Elmo

Reply to
Elmo

Elmo,

Yes, it works reliably for us. Can you send me your files. If you go to my blog

you will be able to get my e-mail address. I will take a look at what you have.

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood