Link to Property and Note in assembly drawing

I'm attempting to attach note in drawing of a assembly so it shows custom properties of subassembly but all I'm getting is the property of the part I have click on

for example $PRPMODEL:"SW-Configuration Name" $PRPVIEW:"TI", $PRPMODEL:"TD" But obviously $PRPMODEL is for MODEL is there perhaps any thing like $ASSMODEL I could use instead for subassemblies?

Reply to
mr.T

I think you may have to create the note in the sub and import it as a model item.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Actually I can attach the note to the subassembly's origin to get the right properties but that is not how I think it should work

Perhaps it is time for enhancement request?

Reply to
mr.T

'fraid so. Submitting them is actually a good habit, if you can get your thought out quickly enough to not impact workflow.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Perhaps add a view of your subassembly, and attach the note to that view. You can then hise the view or put the subassembly on an invisible layer if you wish.

Reply to
That70sTick