Automatic Model Filename In Drawing Note

Hi,

Its been awhile since I messed with drawing notes and automation. Looking for a little help. I would like to add a note to a drawing with a leader on it attached to a part in an assembly where it picks up the part name of the model the leader is pointing at automatically.

I know I can do this through the use of custom properties, but the flaw there is that if someone does a Save As the custom property will have the old part number in it. I am wondering is there and internal property SW has that allows the picking up of the individual parts within the assembly drawing. Sort of like the mass property that updates all the time as the part is altered.

Thanks

Guy

Reply to
Dataman

While editing the note, there is a link icon in the feature manager that will allow you to add a filename link to the part that the note is attached to.

Guy,

In addition to i's comments, you can directly associate the drawing annotation notes to the model's custom properties. Here's some brief instructions on that:

way, you can control the properties themselves from FILE>PROPERTIES. If you would like, there are custom property editors like found at my site
and Lenny's (http://

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Reply to