link part custom props to drawing custom props

Can I link the part/assembly custom properties to a drawings custom properties? I know how to display the part/assembly properties in a drawing, but I would like to use that data and place it in the drawings custom properties.

Reply to
andrewj

I guess you need a macro to copy properties or add-in to maintain the data automaticly. I think data should be in one place only...

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

I agree. What benifit would you have, having the properties in both places

Neil

Neil

If I understand you well, you can do this easily and you can even combine two part properties to one drawing property.

Make in the part two properties: PR-PART1 with the value: Test PR-PART2 with the value: 2 Make in drawing property PR-DRAWING with the value: $PRPSHEET:"PR-Part1" $PRPSHEET:"PR-Part2" When you make a note on your drawing you can use the string $PRP:"pr-drawing", which will display "Test 2" on your drawing

"andrewj" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
\/\/im

Hmm, works, but what's the point? You can't see the evaluated values in drawings File-Properties, you have to create a linked note...and that you can use without drawing properties. Is this working with configurations btw.?

Reply to
Markku Lehtola