new video card trouble - quadro fx1400

It's funny because my old system had an ati9800pro which is totally inappropriate for sw yet it worked... perfectly.

I splurged a bit (not really - but 650$ is still pricey) for a quadro chipset fx1400 card (made by HP) and now in sw2006sp1 when editing a part incontext in an assembly I have sketches completely dissapearing until I zoom out. I've seen this type of graphic glitch on and off through the years but....

Any fixes out for this type of thing or is this a sp1 issue?

Zander

Reply to
Zander

Try

1/ The newest driver from Nvidia 2/ Try the recommended SolidWorks Driver from Nvidia

Let us know how you get on, I'm going to upgrade shortly and the FX1400 seem like the best for price.

John Layne

John Layne

Hi John,

I've always installed the latest nvidia driver - never had a problem before. The sw recommended list always seems so out of date. Also, forgot to mention I'm using winxp64 on this machine, so that could be contributing....

Reply to
Zander

There are reports here and at the SW forum that sp1 has some graphics problems. SW lists 77.56 for 64 bit which is the latest Quadro optimised version available at nvidia. The 1400 is based on an older chipset than the one for which the 64 bit is listed as appropriate so the driver may not work esp. well for that. I think I read that someone had gone back to 32 bit OS and that had solved a lot of driver issues etc for them...possibly it is too soon for migration to

64 bit....and SW has not released a compliant version yet either.
Reply to
neil

It's a SW06 thing. I'm surprised there haven't been more people complaining about the sketch problems.

Jerry Steiger

I've been seeing this off and on for a few years now. 06 hasn't done it to me yet. I don't have any explanation. That's just what I've observed.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I've been finding all sorts of niggly issues with sw06 - the subtle things you wouldn't notice until you've pumped out 100's of drawing pages.

I was editing a sketch of a part in an assembly. I could see the sketch but if I zoomed in it would dissappear - still there - but invisible. The workaround for me is to open the options window, then close it - forces a redraw at the new zoom level and so the sketch shows up again. It's kind of embarressing to have issues like this.

Other things I'm finding are hyper-sensitivity trying to select edges for centerlines or dims in drawings, as well as the already spr'd issue of note and balloon arrow placement.

I can use all these great tools to create an awesome model in a few hours then spend 10 minutes trying to create two centerlines or creating hidden layer geometry so I can get a dim on an edge that sw is not fond of.

My var doesn't crank out enough stuff to understand how debilitating some of these things can be.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

I noticed this for the first time the other day while editing a part in and assy, SW2005 SP4, FX1100 (or FX1000), using dirver71.43 (or something similar I'm posting from home). I don't often edit in assy's so this came as a suprise, but I could rotate the view so the whole sketch fit in the view and zoom in closer, whenever I zoomed in so far that part of the sketch was outside the view the whole sketch disappeared.

Zander wrote:

Reply to
Hayduke

I know that feeling... So many examples.

Reply to
Dale Dunn