The "BEST"? Video Card:

I'm looking into upgrading the compter but am finding out that the video cards need to also be upgraded to PCI. The current card is a Quatro FX 500 and it has worked very nicely so I would like to continue with NVidia.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a PCI video card that is 1) reasonable performance, 2) reasonable price, 3) SW Certified, 4) and if possible NVidia.

Thanks,

EdT

Reply to
Ed

Look at Dan Bovinich's spreadsheet. The URL has been posted elsewhere.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

If you need to upgrade to PCI, then it sounds like the whole system needs to be upgraded. That FX500 is using AGP, and all the new video cards are PCI-e.

You should look for a new workstation, lots of RAM and a fastest processor for your budget.

Not exactly the answer you are looking for, but it will push you in the right direction.

samurai.

Reply to
samurai