Best graphics card for SolidWorks workstation?

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a somewhat high-end PCI graphics card costing $500 or less that would give me good SolidWorks performance? I would probably use it with a Pentium 4-based system with at least 1 GB of RAM and maybe a RAID array.

Thanks for any advice.

R.G.

Reply to
R.G.

friendlyfreeriders

R.G.

In the STAR bench mark tests I have actually seen that 2GB of Ram will give more performance than the RAID.

Also for less than 500 the FX 500 is a good card but we just bought a FX2000 which is double the video RAM for under 500. It is closer to $500. The FX500 you can probably get for around $200.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24