Quadro4 750 XGL card can't get RealView graphics to work

I just purchased a Quadro4 750 XGL card and have not been able to get any performance improvements from my previous GeForce2 MX 400 card. I am using Solidworks 2004, and have a Pentium III running at 933 MHz with 512MB RAM. Granted, this computer is not the fastest thing in the world but I had expected a significant improvement in Solidworks rendering speeds with the new card. I have seen absolutely no improvement whatsoever.

I also noticed that I still can not enable "Realview Graphics" under View -> Display -> Realview Graphics. It is still grayed out. Is there a reason for this?

I checked the drivers at

noted that version 53.03 is certified by Solidworks, and downloaded and installed that version of the "Forceware". I also have the "Solidworks" selection ticked under the OpenGL "Application Settings" option under Nvidia Settings.

Is there something else I have to do, or other suggestions people have for getting this card to work? I'm very frustrated at this point!

Thanks,

- Dylan

Reply to
Dylan

did you do a custom install and omit realview (about 480mb disk space)? you can do a quick check thru control panel, add/remove software. select sw, then change to verify that realview was installed.

Reply to
kenneth b

Dylan,

Are you sure realview is even installed ? It's possible that SW install senses whether or not the card and driver are Realview capable and doesn't install it. I don't know for sure, all of my SW2004 systems have realview cards.

If it did install, there should be a huge 425mb folder called "shaders" under the SW2004 install directory.

Your 750XGL is a 4X AGP card. Your P3 mother board is probably 2X. This means the 750 runs at 2X. I replaced my GVX1 Pro with a 750XGL (home computer, Dual 1ghz PIII AGP 2X) and noticed at least a 3X increase in graphics speed. I installed SW2004 "after" I had the card and drivers installed. Realview works pretty good. I'm using driver 6.14.01.4351 (43.51)

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Yup, it's installed (checked through Control Panel -> Add/Remove ->

Solidworks 2004 SP0)... it's there on the menu selection, just grayed out.

I have a much smaller "shaders" directory than that; it only takes up about 9MB total space. ??

Aye. I was really hoping that the AGP 2X would not be a huge bottleneck, but perhaps it is... the lack of being able to use Realview though suggests to me an installation problem. Does anyone know if you have to reinstall Solidworks when changing video cards to get some functions to work? I'd prefer not to attempt if I don't need to.

- Dylan

Reply to
Dylan

Dylan,

If your shader directory is only 9mb, realview didn't install correctly (or completely)

I would do a complete uninstall-reinstall of SW. Now that the card is there it may work right.

regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Following up on this;

I have now tried reinstalling Solidworks 2004 after installing the new video card, and doing a fresh install. I select the option to install RealView graphics, but I still do not get a large "shaders" directory and I still do not have the option of using Realview within Solidworks 2004.

I wonder if there are minimum hardware requirements for this? I have a PIII 933 MHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP, and the aforementioned Quadro4

750 XGL card. I wonder if I require AGP 4X or AGP 8X on my motherboard? I know I only have an AGP 2X motherboard... anyone know for sure? Has anyone got the same Nvidia card working on a motherboard with AGP 2X only?

- Dylan

Reply to
Dylan

Reply to
Pete

Is your video card being detected as a 750XGL ?

Reply to
Daniel

Mine is and does realview graphics fine. You have to download and install the realview graphics file from solidworks seperately.

6.14.01.4351
Reply to
Mike Grant