Realview in SW PE edition??

Does real view work in the PE edition? I have a supported graphics card (ATI fire gl z1 128mb) for real view but the icon is "grayed" out. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Chris

Do you have the correct driver? Also If your on 2004 I believe RealView didn't become available for that card until service pak 3

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Reply to
kellnerp

That was true at first but somewhere around SP 3 more graphics cards became supported.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

: > Chris wrote: : >

: > > Does real view work in the PE edition? I have a supported graphics card : > > (ATI fire gl z1 128mb) for real view but the icon is "grayed" out. : > > Thanks for the info. : >

: : :

Reply to
David Janes

That is what I am thinking. I have the correct card and driver. I guess I need to contact my SW guys on Tues. to ask them. Not such a big deal because I understand I am on the PE edition right now but I am just wanting to know if this card actually is working ok. We are holding off on a purchase until the 2005 version which debuts here on the 14th.

Reply to
Chris

I just compared the solidworks PE disk to the solidworks disc & found that the common.cab file does not include any of the CG files required to get real view to work. So I think that they must have striped that out in order to keep the pe edition on one disc. You might try getting a copy of someone shader directories (they will compress down to a bout 120 megs) & copy them over I bet that the functionality is in there but just missing those files.

Steve Tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz

Thanks for the info Steve. I'll give it a try if I can find the files!!

Reply to
Chris