Realview and FX500?

I have read in this group how others using the FX500 card have no problem
using realview. My company just upgraded to SWX2004 and I can not get
realview to work at all. The icon and menu selection are greyed out. I
installed the 43.51 drivers for Win2000 and it didn't change a thing. I am
using a Compaq with a 2.53GHz processor and 1 gig of ram. Is there a
setting that I missed that will enable this feature to work? Thanks.
Reply to
Jerry
Must be video cards by Nvidia (and only certian ones), what do you have?
Reply to
Keith Streich
Opps, missed the FX500. I'm using a Geforce 4 TI4600 hacked to a Quadro4 900 XGL. I have full realview. I've noticed I must select realview while editing material properties in the dialog box. Then the realview button is toggleable.
Keith
Reply to
Keith Streich
as long as it is a quadro card then it should work... I run a PNY Quadro fx500 & realview works just fine for me.
1. Make sure that you are not in large assembly mode. If you are you can turn on the ability to have real view graphics in large assembly in tools options.
2. check that you are not in software open GL mode.
3. check to make sure you installed the solidworks shaders. You can verify this by looking in your solidworks install folder for two folders called "shaders" & "shaders_soft" collectively they should be about 418 megs. Then again there could be a chance that they may have been broken & you may have to run a repair on them. OR at least run a modify on the solidworks install & remove them & then readd them.
Hope that helps
Thanks, Steve Tietz
Reply to
Steve Tietz
When I edit materials, the advanced graphics box is checked and underneath it the RealView option is greyed out and unselectable so it reverts to the standard option. I was thinking that I might have a setting wrong either in the graphic cards properties or the Solidworks option since other people are using RealView with the FX500 card without any problems..............
Reply to
Jerry
That must be it, I am missing the "shaders" folder. Thanks for your help!
Reply to
Jerry
Also, make sure you have a current driver for the FX500 and the advanced display setup states you have the proper card with driver.
Reply to
Keith Streich
Not every Quadro will work. I remember seeing a list somewhere, but I don't remember where. Too bad I can't remember.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
Okay, here is the deal as far as I see it. When you installed solidworks you did not have a realview card, so realview was not installed (Yes it is an OPTION). So what you need to do is insert your solidworks cd and do a modify (Windows installer) and do a custom. Select realview as one of the options (it will be listed with the items like Toolbox, Routing, Moldbase...
That should take care of your problem...
Reply to
SBC