RealView and colour properties are not functioning

While working on an assembly after editing some part appearances and materials in photoworks 2007 the RealView in SW2007 SP1 suddenly ceased to function, although the RealView button is pressed and highlighted and although I'm in assembly mode while not editing a part. if I open one of the parts in a separate window then the same happens in part mode. Even worse then that is the fact that if I start a new part file then it has a constant gray colour no matter what colour or material I choose for it, with or without RealView.

I've got no clue to whatever has caused solidworks to suddenly ignore every colour and display property of my parts and assemblies. I presume it is something in the setup or registry keys of the program that got wrong, but I didn't mess with those recently.

Really frustrating..............Did anybody of you guys encountered this recently?

Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

Yes,

I also cannot get RealView to display properly on 2007/SP1.1 Tried it on two different systems with the same results. Material colors when selected are heavily influenced by the parts existing color (i.e. selecting Aluminum for instance on a brown part displays brown only with a slightly different hue)

Kman

Reply to
Kman

There we some changes from 2006 to 2007 concerning RealView, please read the what's new carefully. You can not have " Display PhotoWorks materials in SolidWorks" and Realview at the same time. They are modes that you need to toggle in the PhotoWorks/Options dialog.

Also, SolidWorks Lighting now affects RealView materials in 2007 (lighting had no affect on RealView in 2006).

Reply to
mbiasotti

I should add one more important detail: On the same workstation I have SW2006 SP5 installed, which is functioning normally in general and regarding the colours and RealView properties also normally in particular. Maybe the 2007 SP1 installation is messed up because the 2006 SP5 installation? I'm not sure because we installed the 2007 SP1 on different folders (including the "commons" folder) and the problem of the SW

2007 installation regarding the colours and RealView started only today!

Also my Nvidia Quadro FX 700 GC card is approved by SW corporation, and the driver is the recent one.

other relevant specs: OS: Windows XP Pro SP2 with all recent updates and patches.

1 GB RAM Pentium IV 2.6 GHz

if anyone of you encountered this oddity then please share this info with me.

thanks, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

That's it!!!! thanks Mark, you helped a lot.

Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

P.S.

Mark, You might want to consider greying out the RealView button while "Display PhotoWorks materials in SolidWorks" is selected on PhotoWorks system options. a user who will move his cursor over the greyed-out RealView button while PhotoWorks is in that mode will see a massage appearing, telling him that this option is not available in that PhotoWorks mode.

cheers, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

Yes, good suggestion.

Mark

Gil Alsberg wrote:

Reply to
mbiasotti

Better yet, how about a grid that helps you keep track of all of the display overrides? If you just expand Display Pane a few columns you could add faces, P-works, draft analysis colors, zebra stripes, curvature, in context override... and more than that to be able to control the various display properties from the Display Pane (in the assembly you can control some but not all, and in parts you can't control anything from the display pane). I keep double clicking the icons in the part display pane hoping that some day they will respond rather than needing to hunt down where this or that display type is controlled. Consolidating all of the color reporting and control into one area would be really nice.

Reply to
matt

That would save some hunting and pecking about.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

Does this mean that an assembly consisting of a stainless steel box and a part with a photograph on, will not display correctly or have I missed the point? lol

Reply to
pete