running 2006 and 2007 problems with photoworks license

Hey all,
OK, firstly thanks to those who've helped with my pgrade problems already. I took the advice and cleaned everything off my machine and started a fresh;
registry clean, folders the works.
However, I still have a licensing issue with photoworks in SW2006 SP5. I used the strange new serial number, as per the advice I was given, i.e the longer one with the letters at the end, since when I tried to run SW2006 on the old normal serial it said it couldn't access security device (dongle). But my Photoworks asks me to register it when I start 2006 and and then it says it cant find the licensing and fails to initiate the add-in component.
I'm thinking this is something to to with the way SW is handling the new licensing proceedure in a dongle-less world - can anyone help me with this? Should I try the old serial number with a clean SW2006 install?
Sw2007 seems to be running fine, photoworks an'all, although I've had some CTD's when applying materials.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Lee
Sorry my previous advice didn't work out for you. Before I realised activation worked with 2006, this is the way I had it working - can't guarantee that PW will work though cos I didn't test it.
1. Remove everything. 2. Install 2006 with old serial number & test all OK. 3. Install 2007 with new serial number. 4. Edit the following registry key and enter your old 16 digit serial number.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SolidWorks\Security\Serial Number
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign wrote:

eek, surely it cant be right that we have to delve into the registry to keep things running!