PhotoWorks 2006

Here is a clip form the latest issue of upFront eZine:

"Rendering is improved with the Lighworks renderer, adding drag'n drop decals, depth of field (you can define which parts of the scene are in or out of focus), and cameras for walk-thrus."

I thought SolidWorks switched from Lightworks to Mental Ray. Are they switching back? I am I misinformed about this?

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Can PhotoWorks works standalone ? or it is Add-On ?

Can PhotoWorks render other (than native SolidWorks) file formats ?

TIA

Reply to
Jerry.J

"Can PhotoWorks works standalone ? No or it is Add-On ? Yes

Can PhotoWorks render other (than native SolidWorks) file formats ?" No

PhotoWorks is included with SolidWorks Office Professional/Premium.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Thank You for reply !

Reply to
Jerry.J

I also thought PW2 was based on metalray. PW1 was on lighworks.

I've just checked the 2006beta and PW2 "about" it has a Metal Images copyright .

A mistake by the magazine , I think.

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to