Memory problems with 2007

I am having problems when I try to call a model into assembly. The program comes up with a no available memory error. I never had this problem with

2006 especially with such a small part (its only a 52 step model).

Is there a way I can free up more memory for the program?

Reply to
voodoochile

How much memory is in your system?

What are the rest of your system specs. CPU, Video Card....

Regards,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood
1) Have you cleaned out temp lately? 2) Do you have your swap file set to 4GB for both min and max?
Reply to
TOP
1gb motherboard memory 128mb graphics card
Reply to
voodoochile
1) YES I clean it out often 2) Is this the recommended size of swap file?
Reply to
voodoochile

One gig should be enough, though on the low end. SolidWorks seems to work much better with 2 gigs of memory. We have had 2 gigs in all of our engineering computers for several years now. It appears to me that SW 2007 demands a bit more out of the computer hardware then previous version of SolidWorks.

What are the rest of your computer specs? Details. details..... CPU model and speed, what specific video card do you have? Is it a new computer or a few years old? I am assuming you are running Windows XP SP2, do you have the 3Gb switch set in the boot.ini file.

What kind of assembly are you trying to bring this part into. How big and complex?

What else are you running besides SolidWorks? If you turn off everything other program you typically run and just run SolidWorks do you still get an out of memory error?

Can you bring this same part into other similar assemblies?

Regards,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

Another couple questions....

Do you have your computer set to Adjust For Best Performance? RMB on My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Performance Settings > Adjust for best performance.

Also RMB anywhere not on a shortcut on your screen and set your Windows Theme in Properties to Windows Classic.

All the Windows eye candy consumes system resources.

2 gigs of memory on your computer is going to give you a much better experience in SolidWorks. That is the minimum RAM required on a workstation these days, in my opinion. We spec our regular office pc's with a gig of RAM. I also expect that we will be spec'ing all new workstations with 4 gig minimum of RAM the next go round in about a year for engineering workstations.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

Set it to 4GB and use the 3GB switch. Check the NG for the howto on that.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Hi

Are you on sp2.2, I think there were some memory issues with 2007 sp0.0 and Photoworks, try turning it off.

steve

Reply to
solid steve