Variable Chamfer?

My son and I are designing a guitar at home.

We need a variable chamfer on one of the contours a la variable radius fillet.

Cant seem to find it on v2007, does it exist?

I can of course sweep a cut surface to the desired configuration but the first option would be a lot easier.

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Phil Evans

Phil,

There is not a variable chamfer feature in SW. Be sure to put an Enhancement Request in for the variable chamfer on the SolidWorks website

Here is another technique you can use to create the chamfer....

Create a Variable Fillet Surface Loft between the tangents Replace Variable Fillet Face with the Surface Loft Face Delete the extra surface body that is left

I have an example SW 2007 file located here:

Regards,

Anna Wood

Anna Wood