Solidworks 2006 and 2007

Is it possible to install Solidworks 2006 and 2007 on the same machine (xp 64) without any problems?

Thanks.

Reply to
will

Yes it is. However, you must keep templates and sheet formats for each version and in separate folders. Then make sure your files locations reference these separate folders in your system options.

Finally if you use a lot of standard parts, then you must keep copies of these in the older versions in a separate place as well. If care is taken, then you can successfully run different versions on the same machine. I don't use Toolbox, however. I have no idea how ToolBox would handle this situation.

Good Luck, jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

I believe you have to run separate versions of Toolbox as well. At least, that's the way I do it. I put my toolbox files in a directory name Toolbox 200x for each version. It's a pain, but when you have customers that use different versions of SW for whatever reason, it's necessary.

BB

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider