Does SolidWorks 2009 x32 load on Vista x64

I'm running SolidWorks 2009 SP0 x64 on Vista 64. I have a solution partner that is not yet Vista 64 compatible.

Or said another way my solution partner will run in 32 bit mode on Vista 64 which means my SolidWorks has to be x32.

Does anyone know if I can stay on Vista 64 by loading SolidWorks as x32.

I've loaded 32 bit applications on XP 64 but I've heard conflicting advice about doing this on Vista 64.

Is anyone doing this ???

Reply to
adamhubert96

Exactly what is the problem.....if You have the disc's just install 32 or 64 bit Sw on proper OS.Why isnt Your partner installing SW 2009

64bit?? They are fully compatible with each other so no worries about sharing files.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

No........

x64 SW files are compatible with x32 SW files. You just need to make sure your solution partner has SW2009 installed.

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood

The answer to the original question is "No". You'll have to install on Vista 32-bit or install 32-bit SolidWorks on XP-64.

Partner applications that are integrated into SolidWorks via DLLs must be recompiled or patched for 64-bit operation in order to run with 64- bit SolidWorks. This includes applications that run in a separate windows but integrate with SolidWorks via DLLs. This is true for both XP and Vista. The difference is that you can install the 32-bit version of SolidWorks on XP-64, but not on Vista-64.

32-bit applications, like MS Office, that integrate via OLE can coexist with 64-bit SolidWorks.
Reply to
jimsym