solidworks x64 keeps freezing

I have a realy nasty problem: while working on solidworks 2007 x64 with any part, assembly, and drawing (even a simple one: for example 1 feature, no external references....) solidworks hangs up for about 60 to 70 percent of the time!! preventing me from doing anything else on that program. at those times when solidworks hangs up the task manager reports on 50% SLDWRKS process activity (full activity because of the dual core spec). as soon as the process finishess its high activity rate, solidworks gives me another few seconds of grace untill it freezes again - and so on and on...........untill finally at some point there is an unrecoverable freeze with an "C++ Library Runtime error", at this point the only thing left is to kill SW process and restart.

This problem persists on my workstation since Windows XP x64 SP1 untill today with Windows XP x64 SP2 installed together with the SW approved 84.26 nForce driver for my quadro FX 1500 card. I've tried to kill other unnecessery programs while on SW but this didnt help. I've also noticed that every time SW freezes temporarly then one of my system fans starts to work realy heavily and fast (i think it is the GC fan, but im not absolutly sure about that - its defenitly not the main processors fan). turning RealView functionality on SW off doesnt seem to help either. My system specs are: Athlon X2 4600 with 2GB RAM, virtual memory set to 4GB.

I would love to hear any sugesstions on how to solve this. (anyone who stumbled on such an issue is also invited to share his/her expiriance)

Thanks, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

thoght i should share with you guys my progress with this issue:

I'm not realy sure.........but.......since i've turned off the windows search service (indexing service), SW works o.k. untill now. So maybe (hopefuly) i finally found what was causing this.....fingers crossed.

I will report in the following days if this fix is definitly the solution to this.

Cheers, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg