Solidworks 2007 x64 XP2.2 (Server Through Exception)

I get the subject error w/ the subject version of Solidworks running a macro I have which opens a drawing, makes several modifications to it, saves it, closes it and moves on to the next drawing in the set (FilesArray). I get the error after a few iterations through when I attempt to close the drawing currently being processed... no rhyme nor reason.

I've commented out that code so it doesn't attempt to close any of the drawings it's processing... but I just got the error as it was saving to .dwg format too! Some of these drawing packages are rather large, and I don't think even x64 is going to like having 130 drawings open at one time. So... I need to solve this problem.

What causes this error? In the past it's usually been when you try to close a drawing that's already closed or attempt to do something really stupid... but that's definitely not the case here.

I also didn't have the problem w/ Swx 2006... but I can't remember if it occured on the x86 version of 2007.

Any help would be appreciated. I've also had problems w/ certain drawings in the set being read only (usually the second to last one) which I cannot figure out as there is no reason for it... everything is local, the files are new (copied to a new name earlier in the macro) and have never been opened. Hence the saveas different name if there is an error saving.

The code excerpt:

bRet = swModel.Save3(swSaveAsOptions_Silent, (nErrors), (nWarnings)) If bRet True Then Debug.Print "Error saving: " & swModel.GetTitle & ", w/ error: " & nErrors swModel.SaveAs4 FilePath & "\" & Left(FilesArray(j, 0), Len(FilesArray(j, 0)) - 7) & "-A.slddrw", swSaveAsCurrentVersion, swSaveAsOptions_Silent, 0, 0 Else Debug.Print "Saved: " & FilesArray(j, 0) End If

'swModel.SaveAs4 FilePath & "\" & Left(FilesArray(j, 0), Len(FilesArray(j, 0)) - 7) & ".dwg", swSaveAsStandardDrawing, swSaveAsOptions_Silent, 0, 0 'Debug.Print "Attempting to close: " & swModel.GetTitle 'swApp.CloseDoc swModel.GetTitle

Reply to
Swartzy