How to make the export dialog disappear when using the saveas4 function in API?

Dear all, i want to save a created model into the STL format and used the function of saveas4, everything goes well, just when i am running the add-in in solidworks

2006, there is always a dialog of export jumping out and requiring me to choose to save the selected bodies or all bodies. I want to use the option of all bodies, but hope the dialog will not jump out any more, who knows how to do it?

thanks so much

best regards SY

Reply to
syshieley

I think it could be possible to save model as STL without that dialogbox if you select model before saveas4. Here is example code of it. Hope it helps.

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks Dim swModel As SldWorks.ModelDoc2 Dim boolstatus As Boolean Dim ModelName As String Dim ParseParams(1 To 3) As String Dim nErrors As Long Dim nWarnings As Long Sub main()

Set swApp = CreateObject("SldWorks.Application") Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

If swModel Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Try again when you something open!" Exit Sub End If

If swModel.GetType = 3 Then MsgBox "this does not work with drawings!" Exit Sub End If

ModelName = swModel.GetPathName

For p = Len(ModelName) To 1 Step -1 If Mid(ModelName, p, 1) = "\" Then Exit For Next

ParseParams(1) = Left(ModelName, p) ParseParams(2) = Trim(Right(ModelName, (Len(ModelName) - p))) ParseParams(3) = ParseParams(1) & Left(ParseParams(2), (Len(ParseParams(2)) - 7)) & ".stl" swModel.ClearSelection2 True boolstatus = swModel.Extension.SelectByID2(ParseParams(2), "COMPONENT",

0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0) boolstatus = swModel.SaveAs4(ParseParams(3), swSaveAsCurrentVersion, swSaveAsOptions_Silent, nErrors, nWarnings) swModel.ClearSelection2 True

End Sub

samu.niveri

snipped-for-privacy@phnet.fi =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

hi, thanks so much, it works, great thanks

Reply to
syshieley